Gastrolyzer Breath Hydrogen Monitor
What is it ?
Helping to detect gastrointestinal disorders, the Gastro+™ is a portable hand-held hydrogen breath test. It is designed for health care professionals to aid in the detection of gastrointestinal disorders. It can be used as a lactose intolerance test, and to aid in the diagnosis of a variety of gastrointestinal disorders such as fructose intolerance and intestinal bacteria overgrowth.
The new Gastro+™ features built in suggested protocols with automatic alerts making it easy to test multiple patients with different possible gastrointestinal disorders in one sitting, saving gastroenterologist, nurses and doctors a lot of time.
Breath testing with the Gastro+™ for gastrointestinal disorders is clinically proven and is being used by many health professionals already, its simple, non-invasive and low cost.
Ask us for a FREE demo of the Gastro+™ today.
Why Gastro+™ ?
The Gastro+™ offers a portable system for all your hydrogen breath testing (HBT) needs and offers an alternative option to the GastroCH4ECK®.
Using the Gastro+™ aids in the detection of gastrointestinal disorders such as lactose intolerance and fructose intolerance with a simple breath test
Why is it important ?
Hydrogen Breath Testing (HBT)
HBT is a non-invasive, sensitive and specific means of diagnosing small bowel sugar malabsorption. They make use of gut bacteria’s ability to digest sugars and convert these to hydrogen, which is then absorbed into the blood and can be measured in exhaled breath.
The test is commonly used in paediatric and adult gastroenterology departments to diagnose malabsorption of the sugars lactose, fructose and sucrose. It is also used to investigate small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO).
The Gastrolyzer® range is world renowned for delivering accurate hydrogen breath testing, cited by clinical leaders in gastroenterology, such as Robert Heuschkel and Way Seah Lee.
Benefit for the user
• There are two sampling modes to enable the use of breath hydrogen testing for patients of all ages.
• The monitor is quick and easy use, with visual prompts for patients whilst taking a test to ensure correct results every time.
• The Gastro+™ is easy-to-use and a non-invasive breath hydrogen monitor, with two sampling modes and a colour touch screen.
• The Gastro+™ requires 3 AA batteries, making it totally portable and easy to transport
• The monitor has built in SteriTouch technology to ensure optimum infection control
• The new Gastro+™ has built in suggested protocols for SIBO, lactose intolerance, lactulose with alarms alerting patients when to take their next breath test, with the multiple patient setting you can test up to 10 patients in one sitting and store up to 100 patient profiles on the Gastro+™.
• The readings stored on the Gastro+™ can be downloaded to the GastroCHART™ database which comes FREE with every Gastro
• Face mask sampling system - this sampling system is recommended for use with younger or older patients who are unable to cooperate with the test. The Gastro+™ is attached to a facemask, which is then placed over the mouth and nose of the patient. Once ‘face mask’ mode is selected the Gastro+™ will take a real-time reading until the operator is happy the reading is correct.