The Vital Shoulder Complex
Bodymaster John Gibbons is recognised as one of the world’s leading authorities in sports medicine. In The Vital Shoulder Complex he shares his wealth of knowledge and experience to help you get the best results when working with this challenging but fascinating area of the body.
With over 350 colour photographs and illustrations and insightful case studies from his own practice, Gibbons provides an educative tour of the anatomy of the shoulder complex and demonstrates treatment protocols proven to successfully restore pain free movement and improve sporting performance.
The Vital Shoulder Complex takes you step-by-step through key issues such as:
- Differential diagnosis of shoulder pathology
- The relationship of the pelvis, the sacroiliac joint and the gluteals to the shoulder complex
- Special tests associated with the shoulder complex
- Athletic and kinesiology taping techniques for the shoulder and cervical spine
- Rehabilitation and exercise protocols for the shoulder complex
The Vital Shoulder Complex is essential reading for anyone wanting to understand and treat shoulder-related pain.
John Gibbons is a registered osteopath, author and lecturer. He specialises in the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of sports injuries and supports over 75 sports teams in his busy clinic at the prestigious University of Oxford, as well as teaching to physical therapists throughout the UK and internationally. Gibbons is also the author of A Practical Guide to Kinesiology Taping, Muscle Energy Techniques, The Vital Glutes and Functional Anatomy of the Pelvis and the Sacroiliac Joint.