We use this data in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful facilities by analyzing the collective characteristics of our visitors and measuring usage. SCOTT Medical Ltd will refrain from any disclosure of personal information, career information or contact details to any third party or outside entity.
Should you require to contact us our details are as follows:
Data Controller – SCOTT Medical Ltd, 8 Saintfield Park, Lisburn, Co. Antrim, BT27 5BG
028 9266 5482
SCOTT Medical Ltd may adapt this policy by updating this page at any time. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are informed regarding any changes. This policy was updated in May 2018 in line with GDPR requirements.
SCOTT Medical Ltd are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, or other contact, personal, phone, email, mail then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. As a data controller of this information, the organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information either via our website, sales conferences or during the course of our normal business activities:
For example data may be collected via our enquiry forms or over the phone during the enquiries and sales process, support calls and calls with our service engineers and sales team or via email or mail communication
- name, contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- details on the products / devices / equipment you have
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- a reference for support calls, service information, and billing information
SCOTT Medical Ltd,
8 Saintfield Park,
Tel: 028 9266 5482
Fax: 028 9264 0986
For what purpose do we use your personal data?
We will process your personal data only for the following permitted purposes:
- Planning, entering into, performing, managing and administering your (or a third party’s to whom you are related) contractual business relationship with SCOTT Medical Ltd for instance by performing transactions and orders of products or services, processing payments, performing accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities, arranging shipments and deliveries, facilitating repairs and providing support services or providing you with other services or things you may have requested
- Maintaining and protecting the security of our products, services and websites or other systems, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations), compliance screening or recording obligations
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
With whom will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data as follows:
- With our affiliates (couriers, royal mail, etc) in the normal course of a business contract between SCOTT Medical Ltd and you the purchaser, to ensure delivery of your goods or services and only for this purpose.
- With courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if legally permitted and necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal data when you direct or give us permission, when we are required by applicable law or regulations or judicial or official request to do so, or when we suspect fraudulent or criminal activities.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. Cookies allow us to recognise you when you return to our site
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to each website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or contacting us by email
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
- We do not obtain personal data from third parties unless specified herein (e.g. information from publicly available resources, integrity data bases and credit agencies).
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Require the organisation to or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purpose of processing
- Object to the processing of your data where SCOTT Medical Ltd is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing: and
- Withdraw your consent to us processing your data
No fee usually required
There is no fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may apply a reasonable charge or fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may require from you
Upon a data request from you. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
How long will SCOTT Medical Ltd keep data?
If a prospective customer does not enter into a contractual agreement with SCOTT Medical Ltd, we will hold your personal data for 2 years after the last contact from you. Our sales team may attempt to contact you intermittently throughout this retention period. If you give us consent for marketing you may be contacted via email throughout this time. If you state that you no longer wish to be contacted by us within this time frame, we will retain your information for as long as required by law.
SCOTT Medical Ltd will hold all personal data throughout the duration of your contract. With regards to invoices, we will hold them for 7 years from the invoice date due to legal obligations. We will all invoice data after 8years, by means of shredding.
In accordance with the GDPR you may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. Where we will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
If you believe that the organisation has not compiled with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to discuss and ally your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
We ask that our visitors periodically review this page to ensure familiarity with the most current version of our privacy statement. If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, please don't hesitate to contact us.